Concentrated lipoic acid formula
- Helps to promote healthy glucose metabolism
- Supports antioxidant activity*
- Provides 600 mg of lipoic acid per daily dose
- Ideal for vegans
- Improved formula
- Offers a higher amount of lipoic acid per capsule (600 mg compared to 350 mg)
- Free from magnesium stearate
Super Lipoic Acid offers 600 mg of lipoic acid per capsule to support healthy glucose metabolism and antioxidant defence. As an antioxidant in both its oxidized and reduced forms, lipoic acid can scavenge free radicals, regenerate endogenous antioxidants (such as glutathione and vitamins C and E), and bind metal ions to reduce metal-induced oxidative damage.1 This unique water- and fat-soluble antioxidant may also protect pancreatic β-cells from damage due to oxidative stress.2 Because it supports antioxidant defence using a variety of actions in nearly every part of the cell, it is known as the “universal antioxidant.”1,3 Furthermore, lipoic acid helps to stimulate glucose uptake by increasing the number of GLUT4 glucose transporters on cell membranes, which provides support for healthy glucose metabolism.2 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial, daily supplementation with 300 mg of lipoic acid promoted healthy glucose metabolism as demonstrated by decreased levels of fasting plasma glucose and insulin resistance.4 Additionally, consuming 600 mg of lipoic acid daily for at least three months significantly reduced oxidative stress in adults, as measured by a marker of lipid peroxidation.5
1. Gorąca, A, Huk-Kolega, H, Piechota, A, Kleniewska, P, Ciejka, E, Skibska, B. Pharmacol Rep. 2011; 63(4): 849-58.
2. Golbidi, S, Badran, M, Laher, I. Front Pharmacol. 2011; 2: 69.
3. El Barky, AR, Hussein, SA, Mohamed, TM. Plant Chem and Ecophysiol. 2017; 2(1): 1016.
4. Ansar, H, Mazloom, Z, Kazemi, F, Hejazi, N. Saudi Med J. 2011; 32(6): 584-8.
5. Borcea, V, Nourooz-Zadeh, J, Wolff, SP, Klevesath, M, Hofmann, M, et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 1999; 26(11-12): 1495-500.
Download Product Information