Source of butyric acid in a great-tasting butyrate form
- Features SunButyrate™, an innovative butyrate-rich triglyceride oil
- Provides 875 mg of butyric acid per teaspoon
- Designed to protect butyrate from degradation in the stomach for targeted
- Butyrate constitutes an important energy source
- Delicious natural blueberry-vanilla-flavoured liquid can be taken alone or easily mixed into food or drinks
delivery into the intestines
SunButyrate™ Liquid was designed to provide a supplemental dietary source of butyric acid with SunButyrate™, a proprietary, butyrate-rich triglyceride oil. Butyrate is one of the most abundant short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) in the colon, where it acts as a key energy source for colon cells. Findings show that butyrate accounts for about 70% of colon epithelial cell (colonocyte) total energy consumption.1 Once absorbed, colonocytes rapidly oxidize 95% of the butyrate into ketone bodies for ATP synthesis.2 As such, butyrate constitutes an important energy source for the body, providing anywhere from 5% to 15% of a person’s daily caloric needs.
SunButyrate™ provides butyrate in a unique, highly palatable triglyceride form, which protects against premature degradation in the stomach and upper GI tract. While other forms demonstrate 70% breakdown in the stomach, GI models and in vitro studies reveal only 6-8% breakdown with SunButyrate™, in addition to this form maintaining over 90% integrity in the intestine. Available in a delicious natural blueberry-vanilla flavour, SunButyrate™ Liquid can be taken alone or mixed into food or drinks for an easy way to supplement dietary butyrate.
1. Scheppach W. Effects of short chain fatty acids on gut morphology and function. Gut. 1994 Jan;35(1 Suppl):S35-8. DOI: 10.1136/gut. 35.1_suppl.s35.
2. Leonel AJ, Alvarez-Leite JI. Butyrate: implications for intestinal function. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2012 Sep;15(5):474-9. doi: 10.1097/MCO.0b013e32835665fa. PMID: 22797568.
Download Product Information