A vegan-friendly blend of DHA and vitamin E
• Provides 200 mg DHA from algal oil per daily dose
• Provides 40 IU of vitamin E per daily dose
• Supports neurological function
Neurogen DHA is an effective combination of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA and vitamin E that helps to support neurological health. As vegan and vegetarian diets tend to provide significantly less DHA, algae-derived oils provide a vegan-friendly omega-3 source with a low impact on the ocean ecosystem.1,2 Recent research demonstrates that DHA deficiency decreases the level of brain-derived neurotropic factor in the hypothalamus and hippocampus, which is necessary for brain plasticity and function.3 Neuroprotectin D1, a metabolite of DHA, has also been shown to maintain neuronal cell function after exposure to oxidative stress.4
1. Lane, K, Derbyshire, E, Li, W, Brennan, C. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2014; 54:572–579.
2. Lenihan-Geels, G, Bishop, KS, Ferguson, LR. Nutrients. 2013; 5: 1301-1315.
3. Bhatia, HS, Agrawal, R, Sharma, S, Huo, YX, Ying, Z, Gomez-Pinilla, F. PLoS One. 2011; 6(12): e28451.
4. Bazan, NG, Musto, AE, Knott, EJ. Mol Neurobiol. 2011; 44: 216–222.
Download Product Information